View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
^^^ wasn't all that long ago thet you could buy 3 of the 4 tags, WT, Mule, Elk or Moose, all in General, then Mules went to that assinine 3 point rule, then bow hunters figured out they could hunt an extra 6-8 weeks on the same tag -for a $5.00 Bowhunting stamp ( could never figure that one out)...then with increasing pressure, things started to change, shortened seasons in the 300's, then a few started to go to draw, then a lot went to draw, now we are mostly draw....with minimum 2-3 year waits, and generally 6-10 year waits. But anybody with a Bow can still go out and hunt for 2 months??...the number of bow hunters (?) has increased dramatically over the last 20 years, as has their equipment, a guy posted on here the other day of putting an arrow in an animal at 75 yards, that was unheard of when I Bow hunted...things change, pressure changes, population of game animals, everyone wants more and more, as long as the next guy gives up something....
Seems the only ones that want people to give up something are the rifle hunters wanting bow hunters to give up their season. Bow can still go out and hunt for 2 months, yet they still fail to meet the 15% harvest allocation in many zones(actually most - most of the zones up for going to draw are done so simply because of the additional pressure they would face from closing others) . Please tell me why the season should be reduced in such areas? I already said at the beginning of my post that if the numbers are in fact reliable, that the season should be put on a draw if the harvest allocation is being exceeded, so don't throw that back at me. So again, please tell me why opportunity should be reduced from 2 months when the harvest numbers are at or below what they need to be? Someone killing a deer at 75 yards as justification doesn't cut it.