View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
it could very well be that the bigger fish have eaten a hook one too many times and know better than to hit a dead bait..call it adapting possibly ...idk ...there could be so many reasons why the big girls are elusive
...bottom line tho if the fish are protected ... in a lake that size i bet theres some real monsters somewhere
That's why I asked previously if the guys with camera's are seeing the same number of over 20 lb fish as before. I know that i'm not seeing them on my sonar like I used to. And no I don't just fish one spot on the lake either.

I know that recently I have been catching some very skinny abnormal pike from wab. Large head and VERY skinny.

Another thing that I do know is that when you manage a lake for walleye, like just about all the other lakes around here, the pike, perch and other species sure suffer. I also know that until very recently SRD does not step in to protect those other species just the walleye and trout.

I have looked though the FWIN reports and at the moment cannot think of a single case where as the walleye population went up the pike population did not go down drastically.

Hence why I thought they should have left Wab alone.

Last edited by cube; 03-12-2015 at 08:30 AM.