View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I drew a couple of tags using the family first initiative, but I didn't apply last year, I am not applying this year, and I will likely never apply again, because I only applied using the family first initiative when I was using the initiative as SERM intended it to be used, which is to hunt with family. Now that my father has passed away, and I will not be hunting with family, I won't be applying at all, so your odds just went up. You are welcome.
We have gone round and round on this Elk, as you state you have drawn the tag both times you applied, most have never drawn since the inception of this family first initiative. You could have most likely drawn again last year and this year if you applied as there is no limits placed on this faulty system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
It's the best system in place.
Not even close, there is pretty much none existent "rules" in place when utilizing this current system, like your family member has to participate in the hunt... Who cares if you MIL lives there and has a HAL so you qualify. System has been abused and until there is transparency and limits, well this is simply a discriminating against the nonresident Canadian in which their family has no current ties to Saskatchewan.