View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
I know how we could free up some available hunting for whitetail. How about we ban any non-residents from owning tracts of land, I.E. prime quarter sections of wildlife habitat land that are all posted so the non-residents friends can all come from out of province and have exclusive access to said lands. I believe you, Leafy have such a piece of land as you have said in other posts. In some areas of the province, particularly the Porcupine Plain area a large number of people with some money and mostly non-resident have purchased hunting land and now it's off limits to everyone, including themselves if they have no family there. Untill the whitetail rebound over a few good years the rules you see now are the best option FOR MOST.
Oh boy, yes I own some tracks of land in Sask, from central to northern in which the land is not in production.. The irony here is these tracks of land were always off limits to the general public, since I purchased these lands I have allowed a great amount of hunting on ALL parcels. The majority ( 90% ) would be residents and may be ( 10 % ) are nonresidents.

I have spent less than 4 hours total actually hunting whitetail in your province my whole life, so your animosity towards myself is nothing more than jealousy..

Onto the idea of free enterprise and the ability to invest ones money where they feel the most comfortable... Who are you to dream up such a ridiculous idea that the dirt inside your imaginary boarder belongs to the residents ? You realize I am Canadian like yourself, which province I decide to call home is my own business.

Last edited by Leafy; 05-04-2016 at 08:27 AM.