View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
This was at 60 and I've lost more than a few arrows that way... if split nocks aren't good enough for some, I don't know what to say other than the deer don't seem to know the difference. The biscuit works well for hunters. 20 yard dot shooters tend to have different preferences.

Drop aways are the worlds most common tuning problem. They also make noise, fall apart, freeze up, jam with debris, rust, break, and generally find spectacular and frustrating ways to fail exactly when you are pointing them at an animal. Sort of like mechanical broadheads. Hypothetical advantages and marketing claims abound but the reality is..They work till they don't.

Also re: freezing - I don't know who made this up but with a biscuit, that's a matter of poking it with your finger to clear it. Same with speed loss: 3-6 fps. Big deal

This ^^^^
Used to have a drop away . Pro shop never seemed to get it 100% . Always giving me contact . He’s closed now and next closes pro shop is 2.5 hours away . So I switched to a WB and started to do my own tuning . 8 years later I still use the WB . It works every time . .