View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
This was at 60 and I've lost more than a few arrows that way... if split nocks aren't good enough for some, I don't know what to say other than the deer don't seem to know the difference. The biscuit works well for hunters. 20 yard dot shooters tend to have different preferences.

Drop aways are the worlds most common tuning problem. They also make noise, fall apart, freeze up, jam with debris, rust, break, and generally find spectacular and frustrating ways to fail exactly when you are pointing them at an animal. Sort of like mechanical broadheads. Hypothetical advantages and marketing claims abound but the reality is..They work till they don't.

Also re: freezing - I don't know who made this up but with a biscuit, that's a matter of poking it with your finger to clear it. Same with speed loss: 3-6 fps. Big deal
I second this. Been shooting a WB for years. I like the KISS method too. Last thing I need is to have a drop away fail or lose a screw or piece of it when a big buck is standing in front of me. The WB is also great for the type of hunting I do which is a lot of spot and stalk. Your arrow isn't gonna fall off your WB. I hunt quite a bit in the snow and have never had it freeze up. To the point that I will set my bow down in the snow, or it gets snowed on, and it's still shoots fine.

Yes and you only loose about 3fps through a WB. Not a biggie.

As for groupings out to 60 yards, I personally don't shoot at anything past 40 yards hunting as this is my comfort zone on ethical kills, but there are plenty of YouTube vids of guys shooting pie plate groups past 100+ yards with a WB.

Here's one at 100 yards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os

This one was at 136 yards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbm7y6S5OM

Grouping no problem at all. It's the shooter more than anything. Practice with the equipment you have.

Don't let guys tell you that they are crap. They work just fine. Plus they are loads easier to tune.