Thread: Easton FMJ
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 03:12 PM

I’ve shot FMJs for quite a long while. I shoot 29” arrows with 100gr heads at 72lbs in a 340 spine. I’m right on the line for spine. A 491gr arrow that I was able to tune but wasn’t the easiest proposition. I’d go 300 if doing it again.

I haven’t bent many. Very few actually. The weakest point is the front end of the arrow. I’ve mushroomed and torn several. I’m just running them on my back up bow now so I won’t invest much time or effort trying to tweak anymore but if I was, I’d be footing the front end with an external sleeve or collar of some sort.

All in all, I like them. Never had one fail on game. They’ve been durable save damage to the front described above. Pull out of targets easy. I’d advise using a wrap as vane adhesion can be finicky if you aren’t completely anal with your fletching procedure. 26” of penetration has been the least I’ve had on game. They are a bit harder to get your FOC up if you chase that. Not sure what else I can tell you. I didn’t look at your location but if you’re anywhere near Edmonton, I’d loan you 3-6 for a test run. Saves having to buy a half doz if you ended up not digging them. At your current draw weight there is spine to spare in a 340.