Thread: Live Imaging
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 06:59 PM

Good video. As someone who has logged countless hours ice fishing with a LiveScope, I can see some errors in his testing. But the gist of it looks pretty accurate to me.

Garmin still looks to be the overall leader. LiveScope just flat out works. Less interference, better stitching. I just feel like the LiveScope is the set it and forget it live imaging option. And the fact that it has the smallest transducer is a win when you're trying to fish down the same hole as your LiveScope. Now if they could just get their $#!t together on mapping I'd be all in with them.

I know exactly what Jay means when he says Lowrance's unit is the sharpest. Fish look more like a fish on Active Target than LiveScope (HB just looks wrong to me in videos I've seen). Very importantly, it's easier to tell how a fish is reacting on Active Target than LiveScope...think it's more like an underwater camera. Even the stitching has been much improved since release. But the horrendous screen tilting he refers to as twitching really sinks Active Target for me. Some days the bottom in down view just yaws back and forth like a teeter totter. I'm waiting for more ice to take advantage of my mapping to see if I want to stay with Lowrance or not.

This is the best video I've seen of Mega Live. It actually looked comparable to the other two. It did look to have the best bottom separation of the three, so there's that. Otherwise, not much to really pique my interest unless I was already fully invested in HB. That 'ducer is goofy large too. I'd rather have a black box that that any day.