View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Very true, BB. Opens your eyes when guys you thought you were forum friendly with start taking potshots at you. Disappointing, but it is what it is. For the life of me, I do not understand why people get so bent out of shape over stuff that really doesn't affect them in the slightest. I mean you could worship Puff the Magic Dragon, but that wouldn't change you being a nice guy. It just makes no sense.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Seeing as ive lived my life from both sides ill try a answer here. I didnt become a believer till i was in my 50"s. I never gave any thought to why i hated believers i just did. Ive even gotten physical with one or two in fact that were warned to back off back in the day. But then it didnt take much to set me off back then anyhow. I grew up in a very abusive violent home. Anyway, after all who likes being told that they are sinners.

Anyway its a simple answer really. Its in the scriptures in a number of places where Jesus Himself says they will hate us believers cause they hate Him. That doesnt mean all unbelievers but the majority. Ive managed to maintain a friendship with one who didnt dump our friendship after i became a believer even after all these years ive known him. Of course he noticed the changes slowly over time anyhow. But i did with him like i do with others i meet. I will eventually get around to telling them of my belief and why etc. but once only. Im not a real patient guy ( i know im supposed to be as a Christian right?) and would never make a salesman. You dont want what i got, im done telling you.

Its kinda like drinking. I used to drink lots. Long before i became a believer i quit. So i would have a pop or something but you soon realize that makes most drinkers feel uncomfortable around you and you quit getting invited along i found. Same kinda deal here i think somewhat.