View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
So people were asking for proof of evolution that one can actually see.

I posted this video:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...action/499136/

One person, one who already understands evolution, commented on it. The creationists who asked for such an example? Crickets. Nothing but crickets.

Perhaps the reality is that one a person has faith in a philosophy, no matter what evidence, and no matter how conclusive that evidence is, they will stick with their faith. As one bible literalist once said, "If the bible tell me 2+2=5, then I would believe it.".

In fact, it seems that the more evidence one provides, the more rationality that is injected into the conversation, the more those of faith tend to dig in.
Truly amazing video!!!! Easy to see how viruses can change and adapt ..... dare I say evolve ... quickly to keep attacking.

The interesting thing about faith is its blind. It doesn't matter what you confront it with you either have an open mind or you don't. Years ago I read a book explaining how religion is used to control the masses and it's easy to see it work. That said a little faith never hurt anyone .... to much pointed in the wrong direction and you get extremists.

I'm really great friends with some really religious people. We don't talk about it anymore. They got quite upset when I explained that from my perspective there was no difference between Christians, Muslims, Hindus or someone worshiping a god living in a tree or Zeus.

Why are the Greek Gods just silly stories? Why is the idea of the world coming from a golden egg less believable than coming from an all powerful man floating around that took 7 days to make the entire universe ....
Speaking of that if god didn't make the sun until day 4 how did they measure time?