View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Default Not a gun story

You said funny storys at the gun counter, years ago in WSS Calgary you bought your hunting license at the gun counter and I heard a staff member telling a customer and his visiting relative that they did not need a hunting license for migratory, just go to the post office and get a migratory license.

Usually I just listen and laugh, like most the posts here, but I could not let these guys go out and poach, so I stepped in and informed them that the staffer was wrong, asked for a copy of the regulations and pointed them in the right direction. They left with the needed paperwork.

After they left I looked at the staffer and politely told him to brush up on the regs if he intends to act as an expert, his response was a lame, "well I only hunt deer anyway so I'm not up on the bird regulations". I just shook my head.

Scary.