View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
I understand what you're getting at normstad, and I don't entirely disagree with your point, more detail is required. I'm sure it's available to some degree, I'll see what I can find.

The problem is though, you have to take the first step before you can take the 100th step. If you can't get cooperation or buy-in at this initial basic concept level, then what point is there in the details? Not that it's what you're doing personally, but I've seen this tactic before - ask for details, more data, more studies, more consultations, etc... ad nauseum, always placing the onus on the other party and never actually acknowledging what's being contributed, only asking for more. In the end, there can never be "enough" data or details to satisfy them, because the answer was predetermined, it's just a stall tactic and designed to burn you out, the ultimate rope a dope.

If you can't get a basic framework agreed to, then how do you know what the goals and details should be? You have to know what the rules are before you start playing the game. The problem is, no one in the government wants to define the rules, they will NOT make a decision or put anything in writing that they can be held to or that will allow the OHV groups to start making proposals based on concrete guidelines. If they did that, then there's a good chance the OHV groups will actually meet those guidelines, and then they can't say no. It's no different than trying to get a pipeline built, if you constantly change the rules or move the goalposts, it's a completely futile effort.

Klondike and others have done a great job of showing what these projects are capable of looking like. It's a win-win for everyone involved if we take these concepts seriously and actually work toward getting the details hammered out.
I've had an interesting discussion with someone who is involved in the decision making the past few days. The government is aware of the concerns expressed, and the indication I got was that they are not looking at closing down the majority of trails, and in fact, are looking at improving some staging areas.

Of course, you and I know this is very early in the process, and things can change, however, I was surprised at the comments. I can only suggest that meaningful discussions be utilized, and suspect if the AOHVA can align themselves with some of the greenies on some issues, that tactic could carry a lot of weight.