Thread: LR 22lr
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:27 PM

Yuppers,,, I totally agree,,, the 22 rimfire category is open to whom ever and what ever.

If it's fun to shoot, Frugal on ammo,,, then whats not to like about it.

My 10/22 will never be the pin point tack driver,,, but what it lacks in that department it makes up for in the Gophers and Coyotes dispatching,,, that and the Beavers and Badgers running around on the farm.

What funner firearm to experiment with during the off season,,, a chance to shoot paper or iron targets at distance if one chooses.

I'm into weekend 7 this winter of free hand shooting sports,,, yes I know I need to buckle down to pull off the good shots,,, and that is part of the fun.

Lots of dry fire time,,, practicing the stance,,, and mostly trigger memory.

The best part is the hiking or home made mini prs course,,, 3.4 kms with 66 swing targets,,, what a blast,,, the kids love it.

Free hand areas along with pron, kneeling, sitting or standing at any given range.

Most staging areas have 2 or 3 different size targets to tag,,, 85 to 100 meters standing,,, the 120 to 160 is mostly kneeling,,, the 160 to 220 for sitting,,, 240 to 300 free hand pron.

The kids like the selection of the 2",,, 4",,, 6",,, and the 8"""... That's the largest iron target we have on the course.

Lots of dial up or mill dots depending on the optics... 41 MOA for my short barrel unit at the 300. LOL.

Ye Ha,,, good times fore sure.

👍