View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoyote View Post
Greetings Parfleche. I am one of those "ignorant" media types you refer to in your comments. Rest assured, I am very well versed in these issues. No, I have never been influenced by Walt Disney's past performance in convincing children animals are people dressed in animal clothing. Nor do I believe that deer, such as Bambi, talk when no humans are around. I have for several years in my writings condemned Walt Disney productions for instilling in our children what I call "The Bambi Syndrome." Wild creatures are exactly that. As well, I live in the country and most certainly adjust my speeds according to the rutting season. Ya, I even know when buck deer lose all sense of reality during that time of the year and have only one thing on their mind - a hot doe. I've had bucks run into the side of my truck. That's just a fact of life for those keenly tuned into the behaviour of our wild creatures. I take offence to your comments about people being influenced by the likes of David Suzuki. As a journalist/outdoor writer/outdoor photographer/outdoor videographer my work has been aired on the Nature of Things as well as the PBS Nature Channel in the U.S. I understand what's going on out in the woods, probably more than you because that's where I spend most of my time researching, watching and filming. I'm not a city kid, anything but. I am well educated by schooling and experience. Do you have your Grade 12 education yet? I'm betting you don't, judging my your flying-off-the-handle remarks aimed at Mr. Rodtka. I feel obligated to tell you that you are walking on thin ice with some of those remarks - coming dangerously close to libel and defamation of character, which can be resolved in a civil litigation process. Can you say "sued". My point is by flapping off at the gums you are achieve nothing in your arguments. All I see is anger. There are two sides to every story, and the ATA should step in with a well-thought-out and educated presentation to get their message across, backed up by scientific studies and government reports. There's not room for "well, it's a well-known fact because I have been in the bush for years." This snaring issue must be resolved for certain. But when certain people spouting off like a bunch of in-bred, brain-challenged drunken hunters or trappers,", those people are merely shouting down the credibility of an argument that should take place with diplomacy, and cooler heads. There's no room in this debate for the mind-set of: "Well, oh ya. My dad can beat up your dad."
Nice first post!! No doubt that there are journalists such as yourself that are concerned with wildlife and nature! Just as there is
No doubt that typical reporter are not such people. Can you assure us that all reporters always fact check before their rhetoric is printed for the blind public to read? Can you assure us that the majority of the the news that is printed is not politically left biased. From your small self biography you just offered, before you resorted to high school belittle attempt, I would consider you a journalist, not a reporter. Maybe that is a subtle difference and perhaps only my perception. But a lot of what the op stated ( perhaps not professionally) could quite possibly be fact. I do not know, nor do you. But you chose to bring yourself to his level with your grade 12 comment so how does that make you better? If your are a reporter, then by all means report the truth! Do the investigative reporting in a non biased manner! Vilify all avenues of animal killings that are not target catches! Maybe with your credentials we will not have to see numerous raptors killed by the proposed wind turbines, that contribute way more deaths to raptors and many other birds and flying mammals! Also please post a link to some of your published works as I like reading about nature and wildlife!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel