View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:05 AM
Banned

lmfao at f-class shooting prs

i would be one to leave a free 80mm at home too, i'd use in the truck though

if i was shopping for a backpack spotter right now the kowa 554 15-45x would be my scope

i put a kowa 664 against swaro hd 65mm 20-60 and 25-50 wide angle a number of years ago and resolved a speed limit sign at about 1880 yards or so, the kowa beat them all and had the truest color and straightest image, more of a blue tint and swaro has more of a yellow tint, swaro puts a curve to the image for panning to reduce the rolling ball effect (so power poles along the road were clearly curved nearer the edges of the image)...for straight up judging the kowa will beat the swaro's, i suppose argument for panning comfort the edge goes to the swaro's

the kowa on that speed limit sign at 60x out resolved the swaro at 65, not by much but it did, so i can see why any target shooters would gravitate to the kowa

being japanese the kowa is much more affordable too

the wide angle would easily have been my last choice between those two. also the 664 kowa was a touch lighter than the swaro...i still have my 664, it's my truck spotter lol, i use a nikon ed50 for my pack but wish it was that new kowa 554