Thread: New motorcycles
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
You are correct sir, after a quick search. 366lbs, 140hp.
Brings back memories. I had a buddy with a CBR 600RR with a 75shot of nitrous. What a crazy mofo he was. He'd do wheelies forever, stand on his seat with arms straight out at 100km/h. Wheelie heel clickers over the windshield. Just Crazy. Almost a death wish. I was lucky if I didn't drop it trying to put the kickstand down...
I don't fully trust all the numbers out there for bikes. I remember hearing stories of old air cooled 750 Nighthawks and the like doing 260. Ya, right! Then some of the weights listed were highly suspect, and shown to be not very accurate. I still don't trust the speedos, as they have been shown to be pretty optimistic. And to top it all off, I'm not sure they even give us the right HP numbers either!

I'll tell you one thing on that subject. Even after adjusting the numbers for an optimistic speedo (on the high end) for my Z, it was still way too fast, according to some literature. I didn't quite set out to top records in a Speedo (look it up!), but somebody/something's fibbing!

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!