View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
True enuff, but I liked my old FN, heavy ol' gal but very accurate given that it was made in 1957 and shot well in 81, 82. I liked it so much that I wanted to buy a civvy model but at close to $1000 at "Toys for big boys" it was way too much green back then. I sure hope the gun they select works well for them.
I too used the FN and have done 5 overseas tours with the C7/C8 series. I prefer the current rifle over the FN for a bunch of reasons. The FN had its day but it has passed.

I got it that you think that the FNs should have been sold to the public. Current policy in the government says not going to happen. We can continue to dream. It is actually irrelevant as the entire C1, C2 and C5 stockpile were destroyed and replaced with C7/C8s as an operational reserve.

Weapons just like every piece of equipment need to be life cycle managed, otherwise they become incredibly expensive in the long run and tap capital funds that are needed for other projects and upgrades. There is only one pool of money for capital and it is important it is managed. It is not just a rifle, it is a system with the expectation of lasting 30 years....