View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herc883 View Post
I got mine on Pigeon on the 21st. Packed a camp up there and was planning on staying until the end but tagged out on day four. Saw lots of sheep - first and only legal ram I saw and was lucky enough to get him. The next morning we hiked back up where he was when I shot him, trying to find my arrow and flush the rye from the system. There were 4 wolves and 50 ravens on the gut pile and they had it cleaned up - not 18 hours since we had left it. I found my arrow too!

I also went into Exshaw and Cougar earlier and hiked into a couple other holes but because I have horses and could get a camp up Pigeon I decided it would be where I focused the last two weeks. Being the first and last one off the mountain each day (besides the outfitter) gave me a pretty big advantage over all the other residents... especially the guys trying to spot it from their trucks before deciding if they should hike up there.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Congradtulations on a fine ram! This is by far the most difficult hunt in Alberta for residents.