View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
There are manu capable hauling packs that you sure can hunt in. Check out some MR dapoacks I bit spendy but they work. Other options are packout bags. I can carry about 200lbs in them easily
Alright... but absolutely any pack is going to be worse than no pack, I think we can agree on that. And If I have no pack at all, where am I going to keep my packout bags?

I've hunted with all sorts of packs over the years, I still do sometimes. But when I'm chasing whitetails in rugged bush, the gear list that I've come up with over a few decades of trial and error is as follows-

-Fanny pack- matches, hunting knife, compass, tags, camera, and a few spare rounds. TP if there is no snow on the ground...
-Pockets- ziplock of cheese and sausage, micky bottle of water, pocket knife, compass.
-Beyond that its just the clothes I'm wearing, binos, and rifle.

You guys have lots of good ideas, but if I generally spend about 20 days hunting in a season, and less than 8 hours of combined recovery on multiple animals... well, I'm heading afield with my gear tailored to the hunt more so than the recovery. Even if more gear could cut my recovery time in half, which I greatly doubt, I would have to put up with wearing a pack for 20 days just to shave off 4 hours of dragging, total, spread throughout the season... YMMV and I respect that.

Last edited by Bushleague; 11-22-2020 at 01:06 PM.