View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
I hear you on not wanting a pack I was just noting that it is possible to do things differently ( easier) pack out bags for instance could simply be worn as a wrap under your coat/ shirt or fasten on a couole clips and clip it to your fanny pack ECT. There are many ways to do things slightly outside the box. If your happy with how you do things/ your system and don't feel the need for change perfect keep at it. These threads are good for others who maybe haven't dialed theirs and are looking for ideas. As for wearing a pack/ not wearing I prefer to wear one regardless of weather I need to fill it. I choose a low profile meat hauler with proper fit waist belt and load lifters. Set up properly you forget your wearing it. It's not like the old aluminum freight haulers of 10 years ago.
True that, just arguing my minimalist approach.

I've got an Eberlestock pack now that is alright to hunt in and can also pack some meat. Sometimes I use it, and yes I forget all about it... until try to mount my rifle for a quick shot and the heavily padded strap throws a kink into everything. Not ideal for stillhunting IMO.

I used to have a WWII era day pack that had plain leather straps. Not the most comfortable but good for quick shooting. If the dollar ever comes back around I might try to get a Duluth pack much like it. Right now it would be pretty spendy though.