View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Cool thread. Thanks for the pic, mate. Took a lot of manpower, I bet.

For those advising the guy to go gutless, I can assure you he is aware of the method and can do just fine. I know for a fact he can do it by himself to a bull moose many, many (like a few dozens of) kilometers away from any help, lol. It appears the man did what he wanted to do.

I personally prefer the whole deer as well if I can help it. In that particular situation, I would probably start cutting because I doubt I would be able to find someone who would help me get it out of there whole.

Another personal note, I do not like backpacks for still hunting either. I take one with me, but I usually drop it off somewhere in a predetermined spot or randomly if there is action. In fact, I often only have a rifle with me and whatever is in my pockets (the phone, maybe a pocket knife, a lighter, etc). Sometimes, however, depending on where I hunt, I carry the pack around.
Yes, I suppose I didnt mention that. I use the gutless method and a stout pack quite regularly... I generally find it unneccessary for deer. That picture being the first exception in a couple decades.