View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Thank"s ... no issue with me on the sight's ... I much prefer a low power scope .
Yeah, I like the low powered scopes too, but at some point I realised that while the distance I carry my rifle has steadily gone up, the average shot distance has steadily decreased. Its probably been 6 years since I made a shot over 100 yards, with most of them being well under 50... last year I probably packed a rifle 30-40 km total though. Even though a small scope doesn't weigh much I find that being able to close my hand right around the gun leads to noticeably less fatigue by the end of the day, rather than the more open grip one needs to use with a scope... plus the concern of keeping the scope clear when pushing through tree's loaded with snow or in bad weather... and it generally all ends in a 30 yard shot anyways... a guy begins to re-think the benefits of a scope.

Obviously tastes will vary, but for me I feel that going back to irons was a good move.