View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Pcp?

Brand of scope?

Maybe a first ever AO meet at cabelas is in order? Or fishin hole? We used to meet at ws all the time, even bass pro once.
Sorry, haven't been on here very steady. Meant to reply a while back. As the others mentioned a pre-charged. Got mine as a package with a hand pump. Heard the first few pumps were iffy, but hopefully they are better now. Haven't used it enough to break it. Apparently helps to pump slower. Doesn't take many to refill mine either. Probably get around 30 really consistent shots, and then it takes about 60 pumps to fill it to max again. The Disco runs at a lower pressure, so it's pretty easy to do. The pump looks a bit like a full size hand pump that you would use to fill a tire, but operates at a much higher pressure.

Mine is also dual fuel, so I can fill from a paintball type C02 canister. Gives a bit less power, but about double the shots, and a bit quieter.

I put an older Tasco big game rifle scope on it. Got way too good a deal on it from TuffBluff. Felt a little guilty about that.

Not really meant for close range, but it works pretty well, and I think a better scope than the new ones, and probably stands up better than a rimfire scope.

One of the reasons that I went to a PCP, was the lack of recoil which allowed me to shoot better, and mount any scope on it. Cost a little more for the gun, but I figure I made it up by not having to buy an expensive springer rated scope.

I'd be up for a meet for sure! Probably won't make it anywhere for about a month though. Cabelas would be good.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!