View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM

im just guessing at this....but i think even if you put this poll up on the bait fridge at the tackle store or gas station those people wont vote either.
It a different mind-set. They are just so excited to grab some worms and snacks and get their families out fishing. Spend family time together and maybe see their kids catch fish.
Do we build soccer domes for avid soccer players headed to the pros...or for little johnny who just wants to kick a ball?
Fishing may or not be a obsession with them...heck it may be a one or two time event for them.....but im betting they are the vast majority fisherman counted as fishing days in Alberta
They probably dont even join forums.
In a democratic society is that right?...maybe not...like the saying goes if you dont vote dont whine.
The government looks at moneys spent in licenses to determine many things. If we lose this catagory of fisherman...how will it also impact the overall fishery funding?
Im not against you Bigtoad i hope you push thru a solution to get a big fish fishery and yet not impact the happy fisherman who enjoy it the way it is.
Simply put....i rather see a happy smiling child holding a 6inch fish over a 40 year old man posing with a 30inch fish.
Im curious if you dont mind.....what did you vote for on your own poll?