View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post

.......What I'm trying to say is there are many different things that can provide fishermen with enjoyment, or even provide one person with enjoyment. It would be nice to have a balance in our fisheries management that allowed sufficient access to all styles of fisheries.
Reiterated exactly my point in perhaps a more comprehensive manner. Thanks Fishpro.

And to those wondering how to get things changed??? GET INVOLVED. Become a member of your local fish and game club. Bring your matter to the table, if there is local support, they will forward it to AFGA. It is AFGA's job to bring these matters forward to SRD. They are our voice. That is why there are liaison positions for AFGA/SRD.

I have spoken to our bio on a couple of occasions and he has told me of fisheries "of the past" that have now been replaced by the overstocked put and take lakes that we're now unfortunately accustomed to. These lakes haven't just disappeared, only they have been made to accomodate only the majority---why not have fisheries that accomodate everyone? Even just 10% of our stocked trout lakes...that would be suffice...no????