View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Lots of Gamakatsu hooks and Mustad terminal at TFH, I have found them to be pretty good.
An assortment of Gamaktsu octopus hooks does not cut it. I would like to see a selection of jigs, worm hooks, drop shot hooks..... etc. Too much Danielson, Matsuo and eagle claw crap in all the Edmonton stores. Mustard is really the bare minimum for quality. How about some good Spro terminal tackle? There is so much really good stuff out there but we generally have to order it on line and pay huge shipping fees.

I have never understood why some anglers buy low cost terminal tackle. The cost difference between a "Jim's jig" bought out of the bargain bin and a good Gamakatsu or Owner jig is about 70 cents a jig. The difference in quality is day an night. You spend all that money on gas, boats, bait....... and then fish with a hook or jig that costs 29 cents and is worth even less. The quality tackle doesn't fail and lasts longer so you don't even save money. I have caught scores of fish on the same hook without having to resharpen it when using quality tackle.

I guess to each their own. I wish just one store would cater to the higher end consumers of terminal tackle.