View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Was in the new Canadian Tire at Manning Crossing. Nice big well organised store. It has quite a bit of hunting stuff, some rifles and a large selection of ammo. Problem is the ammo is behind the counter, you can't read the boxes from the other side and they have no one there that knows anything about guns or ammo.

While I am very happy to see CT stepping into this space they are going to need to hire some people, or train some of their existing staff in how to sell these products. They don't need experts but they at least need to know what 30-06 and 270 ammo is. They also need a buyer that knows a little more about what to buy. Most of the stock was the cheapest, poorest built crap available on the market. Very little of what an average user would be looking to buy, let alone any high end stuff. I worry that lack of sales from having the wrong stock and no expertise will lead to many CTs abandoning this market prematurely.
I dunno, in our CT the cheap stuff sells about 5-1 over the $800 - $1500 guns and the over $1500 stuff sits there forever. The cheap guns seem to be the majority of sales.

What you consider the average gun user isn't average. We gun loonies on sites like this seem to forget we are but a tiny portion of the market and the main sales are cheaper guns to people who don't always care or are interested in being connoisseurs. They want something they can hunt with, their kids can abuse and not have a lot invested in it and forget about it till next season. Family budgets are pretty tight for most people and fancy firearms are not a priority for the majority of folks many of which wouldn't know the difference anyway. They just want it to go bang and kill a critter at 100 yds.