View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
According to "Stick Thrower" we don't know what we are talking about. Everything is just fine.
Perhaps pointing out the obvious is not so obvious to some. Market conditions vary from store to store and region to region. The firearm sales that one store gets in their area might pale compared to another. I'm saying its up to the franchisee's discretion rather than anything dictated by head office. I was also saying that some clerks haven't a clue what they're talking about, but they will keep talking regardless. As noted, my default CT store is expanding their firearms section with an entire aisle for reloading supplies and equipment. That's the exact opposite of the claim made, and it's got the brand spankin new inventory to contradict the inaccurate blanket claim. It's a decision made by the franchisee and not head office or other stores would simply not be expanding their firearm sections. Heck, the one year old CT immediately next door to Cabela's carries firearms. Not sure how that location is doing with them as the counter has been pretty dead most times I've traipsed through, perhaps that's the one ScottN was referencing?

Some areas are going to suck for gun sales, especially if there is significant competition established nearby, such as Bass Pro and Cabela's would be for a store in WMU 212. It will be especially difficult to compete if that store does not advertise their new inventory, of course CT does not have weekly flyers that advertise firearms so that throws a wrench in the works. If every store inventoried firearms they could, but because most stores don't it would not make sense to do so.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-20-2018 at 09:10 AM.