View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
If you are hurt do not let your boss try to convince you to return to work to avoid a WCB claim. If you go back to work and it does not improve or get better you have just complicated your claim and possibly given WCB grounds to deny. Your boss pays WCB premiums for the purpose of worker coverage. You should not feel intimidated because you were hurt. It is your body and your suffering.
Years ago I cut my finger quite bad on the job, and the boss suggested for me to stay at work. Because I could not use my injured hand I ended up getting hurt worse.

Here is the site that will tell you everything.

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/
X2 Good advice! Once you go back to work before you are cleared, your case and subsequent cases pretaining to this injury are closed.

Sorry, but the only person out to help you is possibly your Dr and you! They may even try to get you to see THEIR inhouse DR. Guess what his findings will be?
Document everything, keep records of everything. When you talk to someone, document date, time and who (first/last name) of who you called. Get emails when possible. (The tried telling me they didn't have access to email but later said they would email my Dr)
You may not be fighting them now. But do you go scouting without a rifle and ammo?