View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-90scout View Post
Shooting a Nitrum 34 (not Turbo) set at 50 lbs, 29" draw length and arrows cut to 30". When I bought the bow it was recommended I use the Hexx 400 with 100gr field points - This according to the bow shop and Easton Chart. Shoots and groups beyond reproach @ 20 meters

This spring I talked to a few archers and made the comment, I'd like to go with a heavier point in the 125 -145 grain range with this arrow. These are screw in points. It was suggested I go with a stiffer spine, and so I did. Picked up a dozen Hexx 330's. and fletched them with FlexFletch 1.87 target vanes in a helic pattern.

Under the impression a stiffer spine results in less arrow flex = tighter groups. My groups opened up considerably.

Wondering now if maybe I need longer vanes to stabilize the heavier point?

Experience greatly appreciated.
Did you paper tune it after you changed arrow set up? If not I'd start there to get a good idea what issue you caused by switching up so you have an idea what you have to adjust to get things better. That said you may never get them to group as well as the arrows that were meant for that bow.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk