View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Did you read the article that I posted? After a bit the engine won’t get any warmer when it’s just sitting idling. It won’t get any warmer unless you are driving it. It makes me wonder if a lot of people are leaving their trucks idling longer than they really need to. Just sayin......
Like I mentioned in my above post Dave,,, the artical only talks about idling diesel and not on high idle which is different is it not.

The artical all so does not state or support any information of what the motor does for temperature after its warmed up.

Example might be:
Truck starts off the day cold, then comes back.
Now that it is warm does the person shut it off knowing there are more tasks to do during the day, or start off cold once again.

Once the unit is up to temp, does it stay hot or warm.
Many folks are not aware of this but carbon diesel foot print is less that of gasoline from manufacturing, burn, and recycled back to the trees.
This of course is for another thread my friends.

Just like the author stated in his write up,,, much of this is still up for debate,,, unless I read it wrong.

Oh well, I'm sure the powers to be will sort this out in years to come.

Looks like my high idle heavy hual is just about ready to go,,, Naaaaa,,, I'll have another coffee before hitting the open road of glory.

Nothing like have our units toasty warm using high idle,,, plugged in block heater is good, warm cab is even better.

At least each owner gets to pick and choose what works since its their dime that supports their investments,,, hopefully more wrong than right.

Don