Thread: Backpack
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
I have the same pack and love it for multi day backpack hunting, absolutely night and day compared to my old eberle J107 and I've had the fortune (or unfortune) of packing meat back in both with a full set of multi day gear.

I don't think that is what the OP is after though. As a day pack I wouldn't go for something like the sky talus bag. It's meant to be loaded up for multi day trips and then expand with the meat shelf if you kill something. The top bag is absolutely akward unless the main bag is full.

I've been looking at a better light day pack to replace a badlands superday and the mystery ranch pop up 38 has really peaked my interest. Seems perfect for a lower profile day pack that can haul some meat out if needed. Can't seem to find one in fat guy size though.

No experience with it obviously but seems to check a lot of boxes for that nice compact day pack that can do some hauling if needed.

I almost bought the 38 than realized I did not want to have two frames so I went the pintler route and swapped out the Marshall bag for my non-overnight trips.

Love the Marshall I just was not able to cinch down enough to keep it from swinging in the breeze for a day trip load out.

So it came down to saving a few dollars to swap bags out when I need to.

Not a 5 minute job as I have an older guide lite frame so I have to swap some buckles, but an easy 20 minutes in front of the TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk