View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:52 PM

I wholeheartedly vouch for the Sako Finnlight. Not nearly as light as the Montana but if the shooter does his/her part they are going to hit what they are shooting at on the first shot. Excellent accuracy and very smooth action. The stock is nothing special and the surface does get marked easily but it is not a rifle intended to be treated like AAA Walnut. The ejection issues are reported much in the same manner as pig sightings in northern Alberta, there are a few but one sighting misreported as hundreds of sightings after the telephone game starts.

As for Kimber, I never had much positive to say. Although they feel nice and light, that is where the positive ends. Never found one that would shoot consistently. Had a few Montanas, the best of which shot 3 MOA. I found problems with the machining and parts that broke. Overall, simply not impressed. And for the parts that broke, there was no follow through from Kimber in relation to warranty or repair here in Canada.

Others have mentioned the Christensen rifles, but they really are nothing more than an accurized Remington. A buddy has one. Great rifle but way overpriced. I have done much better doing my own work with a 700 SPS, a Talley trigger, and an HS or B&C stock.