View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
I've been looking at picking up a sako finnlight. I was just waiting to see one in my caliber. And then yesterday a post about a kimber got my attention. So now I found a sako finnlight and a kimber Montana, with the green fiberglass stock, both in my caliber for pretty much the same price.

I've heard a lot of love for these kimbers, and heard about a few issues. I don't know too much about them. And to be honest I don't know a great deal about the sakos either.

What do you guys think about a comparison of the two rifles. Side by side value wise. With whatever modifications they may need to correct any issues. I know there are used rifles out there but I'd prefer to buy new. These rifles are in my price range and I'd be buying a new scope also.

If you are looking for light, accurate and reasonable price, check out the Barret Fieldcraft. They are pretty close to a NULA at less than half the price. Of the two you started with Kimber does make a lefty so never had one. The Sakos I have owned were all good shooting rifles, but I don't own any of them presently. I do have a Weatherby MKV Ultra light in 257 Bee that is about the same price and I actually like it better than the Sakos.