View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
Your unbelievable. Here you say you want a free for all so anyone can trap where ever and what ever they want. This would decimate the furbearing population Alberta wide. Now in the hunting thread your chastising people who happen to take a doe or fawn fearing the decimation of the deer herd. Sorry Wabbit no one is gonna take you serious since you seem to be pushing your own personal agenda.
As a moderator I expect you to be somewhat better informed. I have never once suggested I want a free for all for managing fur bearers in Alberta. I want fairness and sustainability. In the US animals which need to be on quota are, with each individual trapper receiving his fair share of the available animals. This has proven very successful with animals like fisher and martin, wolverine, etc. Everyone gets their fair share and populations are generally increasing every year. It is the farthest thing from a free for all, in fact its intensive management just like we have here for big game and fish. The rich do not have an upper hand and don't have their own private wilderness retreat. I have a friend in Montana and he loves the freedom to trap where he pleases and does not fear the competition because he is a trapper not an oil executive or businessman. Fur bearers are not decimated just as resident trappers haven't decimated them here. Registered trappers here are subject to the same quota restrictions so obviously they are no better informed than the ordinary public.

I am not fearing the decimation of a deer herd, I am seeing it and living it, and have explained how bogus the reasons are for the decline.

I challenge you to explain what my personal agenda is. I find your remark uncalled for and very demeaning. What is my agenda?