View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Default wierd catches

caught a lamprey once in the skeena river, and atlantic salmon witch took us all day to figure out what it was after fishing the skeena for 15 years never saw one before. a sea cucumber once and the old man got a giant octopus witch fought like a giant halibut then got stuck on the side of the boat for nearly 2 hours . i miss fishing the ocean on the west coast when jigging you never really know what you might pull up. once a kid on the lakelse river near terrace b.c had on a nice spring salmon then all the sudden it starts tearing out line like crazy the the line goes limp the the kid reals in and all thats left is the head lol mr seal pops up al swims away with the kids salmon. man i thought he was going ro cry poor guy. One of my favorite days was fishing steelhead on the copper my dad was fly fishing with his favorite fly then bang huge steely on then snap gone. i light a smoke and continue to bottom bounce some wool then bang fish on i fight this monster and get it in close to 30lbs biggist steelhead so far (dad got a 40lb last august) but anyways guess what theres dads fly still in its mouth lol (and yes it was barbless) still we had a hell of a laugh that day and dad got his fly back what an agressive steelhead.