View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Cool

line is like tires on a car put uniroyal on a aston martin it will drive like a truck.I no longer use mono. I use coated florocarbon and braid on all my reels they are just better in every way. cost is the drawback, that aside make sure if you get a 30- 10 or 20-6 braids you have a good quality out fit it will ruin your line guides in seconds but only under the pressure of a fish that u will most likely lose. all my levelwind casting reels are spooled with power pro 30lbs to which I up until recently added a 30lbs - 50lbs floro leader. this set up for the first time failed right before my eyes on a 10lbs pike that I did not even feel.now I am exploring wire you can tie by hand. I have used it on sal****er with great success in the past. my spinning reels but one are spooled with 4- 10 lbs floros of various brands the performance has been out standing I have had some line twist issues but feel that may be my own fault. my one medium heavy salt outfit has old 30lbs power pro off a levelwind. this unit I use as a surf caster for extreme distance casting and performs well beyond my expectations but have to use a finger guard to prevent cutting on my line hand.the 30 - 10 you speak of ,I use on my line counters for planer board trolling rapalas running deeper for any given set back as you can see picking the right line for the job at hand is crucial hope this helps. tight lines.