View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post
There are hundreds of laws enacted in Canada where it favours one and not others. Let's start with Martin's Annual Criminal Code of Canada. Why is there a more severe punishment to murdering a Peace Officer then it is to murder a commoner? Is a Peace Officer's life more valuable than your's or mine? Why can't I use a crossbow for hunting during the archery season, but the other guy can because of an injury. He can shoot from his vehicle because he can't walk. I don't have to wear a seat belt because I'm pregnant. The list go's on and on. I know that these are exceptions, but are they equal to others? There are no laws in any country that treats every person equally. None! Furthermore, if every person was treated equally by law it dosen't necessary mean that it will be practiced. In otherwords, laws are broken. Laws are not racist, only some favor special groups or minorities. Regardless, at the end of the day the Aboriginals will receive the shorter end of the stick because some great white hunter thinks that hunting is his right and not our natives.
To be honest, I have not heard of any of these laws except the crossbow one. even then it is tough to get the proper permit. The MAJOR difference is these laws are there for a damn good reason. They are based on a case by case basis and not a general law due to nothing other than race. And a pregnant lady not wearing her seatbelt effects everyone else how?????? Does seeing that make you crash?? whats your point???