View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Sorry, but I catch perch to eat. I very seldom come home with a limit but this year its been limits all the time. I have been to cross two times, limit both , but will not go again this year as the lake has been good to me, and now its time to explore other lakes. I will go to a lake two or three times in a year at most, then move on. I feel that if it's good to me then I will let it replenish. I fish because I like it but also to put some fresh food in the tummy. Got to pay for the gas some how. $60.00 for gas and $30.00 of fish, seems fair to me. Not including all the other fishing expenses. Not everyone has money falling out of their pockets. As I said in other posts, ( I would support the closing of all lakes for a year or two ) . Would not hurt my feelings, if it helped giving us a better fishery. Would also put money in my pocket. Probly save more than $500/year.
I wish more folks shared your morals, one of the reasons I stopped killing fish was to try and buffer what the lake rapers were doing.

Lake raper - A term that was developed on Gull Lake in the 90's for the local folks who would catch a limit of whitefish in the morning, drive home, drop off their catch in a snow bank close to the house, and return to the lake for another limit or two. On the same day of course. It is probably a universal term happening on many fisheries.

Road hunting is not hunting.