View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
how about a yearly limit on fish retention for example Chinook salmon at 15 a year you keep your limit you are done for the year. lakes with low catch rates will see low fishermen days. lakes with over populations will see more angler days . eventually the populations will balance out and size and species will increase . no one needs 50 fish days ,where is the challenge in that.
Good add. This will the slot size limit would be a way to stop those that would continue to take advantage of that 1 fish limit. Of course if anglers would honour that system which is something I think we have to assume in any case.

One other idea,
I still think the tag system could be modified if some here feel that the 2 or 3 limit a year is too restrictive. What about allowing up to two draw wins then for anglers? With the rule that the wins must be from separate area. Example, I didn't get my Pigeon first choice but I did win by 2nd choice at WhiteFish Lake in NB1...booya!
What if you won both PP2 and NB1. Say 3 under 43 cm at Buck and 3 over 50 cm at Wolf. Does that sound a bit more appealing?

Honestly, I would be in favor on trying something of the other ideas that others have posted here.