View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:22 AM

On the subject of more funding such as HuntsFurFish has brought up. I'm not sure who here follows AFGA but here is a good read on where funding sits:

http://www.afga.org/pdf/NEWS/NR2017/...-20-Budget.pdf

.08%.... WTF are you going to innovate or change with that? So when Kurt says if your there is not going to be any more funding and asks what can you do with what you have, that is valid. The answer is, probably not a hell of a lot if you leave it in the Governments hands with a low on the totem pole, year after year, government run program.

So the answer to me is, industry partnerships and to foster innovation with them...not turn a blind eye on them. Putting in a frame work, if we call it that, the Government has to work with other stakeholder like AFGA, on a yearly basis, is change I would love to see. It is clear that leaving it in the hands of the Government is just not going to improve things over time.

The single most disturbing post on here to me is the last one from Bobalong. There is a clear example of innovation being squashed. That is an opportunity and solution brought to government that, instead of being embraced and worked through, barriers are put up so that it didn't go further. That is wrong thinking and a shame.