View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 09:15 AM

2017 Tacoma. Access Cab TRD Offroad.
My fourth Tacoma, after 2003, 2004, 2007.
They were all standards. No feedback from me about the autos. You can find lots of that on Tacoma World. There have been a few Service Bulletins to reprogram it though, from what i've read the latest one was pretty decent.

Tacoma owners have always touted reliability, and then complained about mileage and power in the same breath. Toyota finally geared down the transmission in the hopes to appease the mileage complaints - and the peasants revolted. So now they've taken a step back. The mileage is still fairly decent - its a brick shaped truck, not a sleek little car.

I get 11L/100km in mine, cruising at 100. I've heard it gets a bit better in time, as I only have 2500km on my odometer.

Once you start paying attention, you'll see hundreds of them on the road. That kind of popularity should say something to you. Also, lots of parts to be had!

Really fun truck to drive. I can turn all my nanny controls off and it doesn't feel cluttered with a billion dials, buttons and switches on the dash.

Don't let the plastic box deter you, its actually pretty durable. If you buy new, get them to throw in the rubber bed mat and the Tub Style floormats. Both are great additions.

You WILL want more power at some point, unless you're the patient sort like me, cruising at 100 on HWY22.. ticking off all the people who seem to think the limit is 120. Haha!