View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Thanks for the info.

I know my tag is good for the archery season as well, but I only took up archery this spring. I thought about it, but I don’t feel comfortable trying to harvest a moose on what would be my first bow hunt and harvest. Just not there yet and if I’m not completely confident, so for the sake and well being of the animal, I will have to stick to rifle. Lol. Shame as hittin the rut would be nice.

I was able to find some old threads that said very similar to what you have said about the moose behaviour during that window of time. Of lack of behaviour. You’ve pretty well confirmed they for the most part just go missing for a period of time.. lol

Well I’m not sure how people feel about guys with your particular accent, but if it makes you feel better, my dad who is a hobbies photographer, sroooed in the side of the highway to take pictures of some deer he spotted in the field abjacent to the highway, and the hunter/landowner tried chasing him away yelling a cursing at him taking pictures of the deer in the guys field. Lol. And my dad has no accent...
It’s does seem hunting is taken incredibly serious there with game vrs land.

We’ll see wether some family connections in the area will help with permission or not but otherwise I will be focusing on the green.

I have already been starting to cross referencing iHunter/landownership with google earth. When I go up I know the on the map where I will want to try and focus efforts but we’ll see if the game and what actually happenes throws it all out the window. Lol.

But I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Info well taken. Thank you kindly!