Thread: Fish cameras!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgy View Post
Play

Any chance you would be willing to share some links to the cams you have found? Also have you ever seen a DVR that has a HDMI output. I have been thinking that a guy could put together a system to run off a small TV similar to the Aqua view that just comes with an HDMI our and no monitor.

Thanks

Hilgy

AliExpress has hundreds. I’m not sure if shipping to Canada is back to normal yet. It wasn’t a few days ago, and the only shipping options were like DHL for $30 or so. I always use ePacket shipping which takes a week or 2 and is usually $5.
What ever you do don’t choose the free shipping. Canada Post takes 3 months to ship parcels from China if they don’t get paid for it at all.
Things to consider about DVR. The one I got records to micro SD card. It has 2 inputs and 2 card slots, 32 gb max each, and can record for probably a week straight.
With SD card you can put it on a computer then either HDMI to a TV from PC, or put the files on a USB drive and plug that into the TV. I do either, but not sure if that’s an option for you. You could even use a SD-USB adapter that some SD cards come with even, and just plug that into the TV.
They have HDMI output and or input small DVR’s for around $50 or less without a housing.
I’m not sure what camera you have but unless it is true HD, an HDMI connection isn’t going to do anything an RCA component connection will. Plus there’s no audio.
If you want help choosing or figuring things out, feel free to ask.