View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 11:57 PM

Skip the fishing and go snorkeling. I never snorkeled in my life, but when we went to Cuba for our 25th I really checked out the resorts and picked ours based on the reports of a really good place to snorkel right on the resort. I was a little Leary about their equipment so I took a pair of swimming goggles just in case. Turns out that their equipment was crap, plus if there was a little chop on the water they just shut the snorkeling down. Anyway the goggles turned out to be Godsend, they had a beautiful reef just off of one the restaurants. After the first experience with their equipment I just used the goggles and swam. Wow, wow, and wow what an experience, just like on TV. Fish of every color and size you could imagine, I spent so much time swimming out on the ocean that I lost over 5lbs during our week there. That speaks of the food as well, we really don't know how good we have it here until we experience another land. I wore a tshirt and long shorts to swim in and used heavy duty sunscreen under my shirt, still burnt a little. Have fun and get to know the locals, they're wonderful fun loving people. God bless Cuba