View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
So i just upgraded from a Garmin Striker 4 Pro to a Garmin Striker Vivid 7SV. I was running a 12V 7.2AH battery. Question, should I upgrade my battery to a 9AH or 10AH for this new unit or will the 7.2AH get me thru 7-10 hours of fishing in the kayak during the open water season? Thanks!

A 10Ah lithium should give you close to double the time an equivalent sla. Because the voltage remains relatively higher than the sla with a given draw on power. I started with a 10 Ah Dakota for my Helix 7 and it lasts all day on the ice. Over time I have added Helix 9 and a mega live and power a network hub on my boat with with the Dakota and three more 10Ah Marcum Brutes. I’ve spent long days on the lake and never powered out. I put together a ammo box power box that is light and portable that I can remove for charging. The batteries were go on sale every few months, the Marcums come with a charger for $30 less than the Dakota. At the time, on sale , it was cheaper per Ah to go with 2. 10s than a 20.

Can anyone comment on performance of some of the lower priced alternative lithiums? Anything to avoid completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk