View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Gust only problem is the flood washed away a lot of the bottom, so its snags trees and rocks now, so a stout rod is sometimes needed, definitely time to use light line for the weights, had a few hooks stuck and breaking 80 pound braid is not much fun! still have to hook me a 5 footer on the steelhead rod, Im sure it will be up to the challenge, Id hate to break a rod with a lot of history. pretty sure my 6 foot monster is still hanging about, saw her jump a week ago, or her sister. that one I want the tiger for!
I'd be ok with it breaking on a beast.

I was thinking about different weight setups for situations that you and dago mention and was thinking either about little sacks of sand or a long sheet of chainmail. Sacks of sand made with durable, super LOW sensitivity, army grade condoms would be good, just enough to tear and let the sand go but not the rubber in the process (for the youngins on right now,, we used to call condoms rubbers). This way you wouldn't lose your rig and could actually fish in the rootier rockier areas.