View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 08:49 AM

Prescription painkillers and their “overuse” is rampant in our world. Even with our own members is see, it’s good to hear these stories. A few years ago I tried to rip my arm off and had surgery, when I woke from the surgery I couldn’t believe the pain I was in. Seriously, I’d felt lots of pain before but I wasn’t prepared for that kind of pain.

The doc sent me home with a mitfull of Percocet and I knew I loved it right away...like a warm hug from your mom.

Second day after surgery I was out in my special sling, arm totally immobilized as it would be for 3 months to come. A random stranger saw the sling and said something to the effect of “those slings are a sign that you really hurt yourself bad etc”. He told me he’d been in one and had one piece of advice...”stay away from the drugs man! The doctors will give you all you want but don’t take them.”

I never took another one and I’m glad I didn’t, man they feel nice. I think that dude might have been an angel sent to protect me from my own addictive personality.