View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Adrian, I was in your shoes two years ago. I went out and shouldered each different model and played with the actions. Was specifically looking for a synthetic stock 30-06 with a detachable mag.

I shouldered the tikka, felt like the stock was from a toy gun. The action was really smooth but wasnt a fan of detachable mag. They are factory guarantees with a 1" group @ 100 yards.

I shouldered the remington 700 next. Great gun, stock and action were both really nice. I liked the style of the detachable mag too. I had heard a few things about lawsuits regarding the safety on the rem 700's that turned me away. But what you hear isn't always true!!

I shouldered the browning last because it was the most expensive of the three at the time. Right off the bat, I noticed the stock. They have almost a rubber finish on the stock that feels great in the hand, and the recoil pad is comfortable against the shoulder. The bolt is the next thing I noticed, it doesn't lift near as high as the rem or tikka. The detachable mag was really nice too.

If you want to shoot mine, let me know. For the rem and tikka, I can't help you.