View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 AM

Smile

I think having it an easy catch and release lots of walleye is such a fantastic fishery to have. Just think of all the kids out there that are bored silly of fishing after not catching anything. Or maybe just catching one or two fish in a day. We all know PCR is a lake that you can take a kid to and have a memmorable day at.

My wife and I look after a special needs guy named Billy. I took him to PCR on Sunday of last weekend. He caught 27 fish in just a few hours. Now you talk about a happy camper. I'd post a few pictures if I ever get his camera away from him. He's been taking his camera everywhere to show all his friends and family his fish he caught and of course he tells them how many as well.

My wife is a life coach for brain injured people. One of her clients is mostly blind and has very bad short term memmory. He used to fish a lot. But hasn't since his accident. My wife asked him if he'd like to come out fishing with us. I guess he just lit up with the biggest smile ever. So it looks like were going to take him out there soon. This should be a fun trip down there.

PCR is a gem of a fishery just the way it is. If the walleye stay the same size forever it's still going to be a fantastic place to take a kid to. The chance of catching a trophy pike later on as the years go on will be a bonus to everyone.

I also agree totally about having a bouy'd off area so the skiers don't come flying in. The dock is modular so maybe expansion of the dock would be nice in the future.

If your friendly fisheries officer is reading this then maybe they can answer me something. Why not make a dozen lakes exactally like PCR in southern Alberta? It would spread the people out. What would be the harm in having a dozen great lakes to choose from with great walleye fishing?

Rob

Last edited by Kingfisher; 07-23-2009 at 02:10 AM.